Success sales for the seasons first Hammer Auctions
Carl Fredrik Hill "Det blommande fruktträdet" sold for SEK 2 200 000.
Seven lots exceeding one million SEK, success sales and a world record
Bukowskis is proud to begin this fall’s hammer season with a fantastic start. We can present several lots exceeding one million SEK, a world record and success sales at all ended hammer auctions so far. The exclusive private collection Rolf Schmitz Collection was the opening for this auction season, and it was a great success and with very few lots unsold. Also the Nordic leading watch auction, Important Timepieces, reached phenomenal final prices whereas one of the sought-after collector’s items was sold to a world record price. At Contemporary Art & Design the international art and sculpture sections were highly demanded and after intense biddings, several lots were sold high over estimates. With these three exceptional hammer auctions finalized, we are now welcoming this winter’s up coming auctions: Modern Masters Helsinki, Modern Art + Design, Selected Classics Helsinki and Important Winter Sale.
Modern Art + Design – yet another successful auction for Bukowskis
The shining star at Bukowski's Modern Art + Design auction was most definitely Sigrid Hjertén, one of our times most sought-after modernists. The painting "Iván in the armchair” was sold after a long and intense bidding for a final price of 10,8 million SEK, a new world record for the artist.
Rolf Schmitz Collection – five lots exceeding one million SEK
Bukowskis is proud to have launched this fall's auction season with a sensational sale of the Rolf Schmitz Collection, one of Sweden's most prominent private collections, whose magnificent collection of art was sold with a great success and very few lots unsold.
Intense bidding and high demand on international art
Bukowskis' Contemporary Art & Design auction featured numerous magnificent sculptures by international icons such as Niki de Saint Phalle, Yves Klein, and Swedish artist Maria Miesenberger. The curvy sculpture ”Les Amoureux” by Niki de Saint Phalle became the first lot to sell over one million SEK and subsequently became the auction’s most expensive piece sold with a fantastic final price of 1 390 794 SEK.
Important Timepieces remains the leading watch auction in Scandinavia
Today’s auction consisted of 110 exclusive objects that were sold for a total of 8 million SEK. An outstanding result that still consolidates Bukowskis’ auction Important Timepieces as the major auction for quality watches in Scandinavia. The result shows that Bukowskis reaches an international audience and has a range that attracts buyers and sellers at the absolute highest level.
Suomalainen moderni design saavutti upeita loppuhintoja
Bukowskin Modern Masters Helsinki -huutokauppa päättyi menestyksekkäästi. Huutokaupan tarjonta oli poikkeuksellisen vahva sisältäen maalauksia, veistoksia, huonekaluja, design-esineitä sekä koruja halutuimmilta taiteilijoilta ja suunnittelijoilta. Illan tähti oli design-osasto, joka saavutti korkean myyntiprosentin sekä loistavia loppuhintoja.
Important Winter Sale deliver seven lots exceeding one million
Bukowskis can proudly present seven lots exceeding one million SEK along with high final prices on both Art and Decorative Arts after this seasons final hammer auction. Helene Schjerfbeck’s masterpiece ”Spring Madonna”, one of the Important Winter Sale's highlights, was the auction’s most expensive lot sold and the art work achieved, after a withdrawn bidding, an incredible final price of 7,962 500 SEK.
Kontakta våra specialister för inlämning till kommande auktioner
- StockholmBjörn ExtergrenHead of Consignment & Sales Department. Specialist Furniture, Decorative Arts and Asian Ceramics+46 (0)8 32 63 29
- StockholmAndreas RydénHead Specialist, Art, Deputy Managing Director+46 (0)728 58 71 39
- StockholmCarl BarkmanHead Specialist Fine Art and Antiques+46 (0)708 92 19 71
- StockholmHenrik ÅbergSpecialist Furniture and Works of Art+46 (0)8 614 08 37
- StockholmAnette GranlundHead Specialist Carpets, Textiles and Islamic Works of Art+46 (0)8 614 08 12
- StockholmPedro WesterdahlSpecialist Classic Art 19th/20th Century+46 (0)8 614 08 05
- StockholmLisa GartzSpecialist Sculpture and Old Masters+46 (0)8 614 08 59
- StockholmCecilia NordströmSpecialist Asian Ceramics & Works of Art, European Ceramics and Glass+46 (0)739 40 08 02
- HelsinkiAnna RoseniusSpecialist, Design+358 (0)40 1284 977
- HelsinkiLaura PohjolaSpecialist modern and contemporary art, Finnish art, photography+358 (0)400 46 45 76
- HelsinkiNina WesterlundSpecialist Watches and Jewellery, gemmologist+358 50 5772620 +46 (0)737 76 28 54
- HelsinkiJoachim BorgströmSpecialist Classic Finnish Art, Furniture, Works of Art and silver+358 (0)40 555 1334